Slow-Roasted Spring Lamb with Broccolini Recipe
Cook Time: 5 hours|
- 1 baby lamb, at room temperature
- 2 heads garlic, peeled
- 4 sprigs rosemary, cut into 4 sections
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup white wine (or chicken stock)
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 bunches broccolini, separated into stalks
- freshly ground black pepper
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 160*C.
- Make 16 small incisions in the lamb, stuffing a clove of garlic and sprig of rosemary into each incision.
- Drizzle olive oil and season lamb with black pepper and sea salt.
- Place lamb on a large roasting pan. Pour white wine and water into pan. Cover pan snugly with aluminium foil.
- Roast for 4 hours, until lamb is cooked through.
- Remove from oven, remove foil and replace in oven. Roast for another 30 minutes, until browned.
- Remove pan from oven and let lamb rest for 20 minutes before carving. Strain pan juices.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice the remaining garlic cloves and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Blanch broccolini in boiling water, about a minute.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Fry sliced garlic until fragrant.
- Add broccolini in, cook for another minute.