Creole Chicken Wraps Recipe
Cook Time: 25 minutes|
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 pita bread
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella, grated
- Make the rub: Mix all of the ingredients in a small bowl: paprika, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, dried thyme, chili powder, ground cumin, 2 tsp salt and 1 tsp black pepper.
- Prepare the wraps: Whisk the mayonnaise and 1 tbsp of the rub in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium high.
- Toss the chicken with 3 tbsp rub.
- Oil the grill; grill the chicken until marked, about 6 minutes. Turn and grill until cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to cutting board. Wipe the grill clean and brush with more oil.
- Lay the bread on the grill, then brush with the spiced mayonnaise and top with mozzarella. Grill until the bottom is marked, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to cutting board.
- Cube chicken and arrange down the center of each piece of bread. Top with the tomatoes, onions and lettuce. Roll up and wrap with parchment paper or foil to seal.