Healthy Hummus Recipe
Cook Time: 8 minutes|
- 15 oz chickpeas (garbanzo), rinsed and drained well
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 3/4 tsp kosher (or sea) salt
- 1-2 cloves garlic, very finely minced
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- fresh parsley, minced
- In a food processor, combine the chickpeas, lemon juice, salt, garlic and yogurt. Process for 1 minute, then open the food processer and scrape the sides. Process for another minute.
- While the processor is running, pour in the olive oil. Taste and check for smooth consistency. If the hummus is too thick, add 1 tablespoon of water.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with smoked paprika, fresh parsley and drizzle with additional olive oil.