Roast Turkey Recipe
Cook Time: 4 hours 30 minutes|
- 15 pound whole turkey, neck and giblets removed
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons ground dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons rubbed dried sage
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 orange, cut into wedges
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 14.5 ounce chicken broth
- Preheat an oven to 350F (175C). Line a turkey roaster with long sheets of aluminum foil, leave enough to cover entire turkey.
- Stir together the parsley, rosemary, sage, thyme, lemon pepper, and salt in a small bowl.
- Rub the herb mixture into the cavity of the turkey, then stuff with the celery, orange, onion, and carrot. Truss if desired, and place the turkey into the roasting pan.
- Pour the chicken broth over the turkey. Bring the aluminum foil over the top of the turkey, and seal. Avoid having the aluminum foil touch the breast and legs, as much as possible.
- Bake the turkey in the preheated oven for 2 1/2-3 hours until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear.
- Uncover the turkey, and continue baking until the skin turns golden brown, another 30-60 minutes. The meat thermometer should read 180F (82C).
- Remove turkey from the oven, cover with a doubled sheet of aluminum foil, and allow to rest in a warm area 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.