Steamed Oysters Recipe
Cook Time: 40 minutes|
- 12 fresh whole oysters
- 4 lemon wedges
- 1/2 glass wine (optional)
- Scrub all the oysters clean with a scrubbing brush . Discard any that have opend or damaged shells and exposed meat.
- Fill a pot with 2 inches of water. Add the half glass of wine, if desired. Place oysters in a metal steamer tray n a single layer (do not stack or overcrowd).
- Bring to boil, then place lid over pot. Steam oysters for 5 minutes, then turn burner to medium-high to cook for an additional 5-10 minutes. (5 for medium-cooked, 10 for well-done)
- Remove all oysters onto serving platter, discard any that did not open.
- Serve with lemon wedges and Tabasco.