Key Lime Pie Recipe
Cook Time: 40 minutes // refrigerate: 8 hours|
- 1 1/4 cups graham crackers, crushed
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup fresh key lime juice + tbsp
- 3/4 cup heavy cream, chilled
- 2 key limes
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter in a bowl with a fork until combined well, then press mixture evenly onto bottom and up side of a 9-inch (4-cup) glass pie plate.
- Bake crust in middle of oven 10 minutes and cool in pie plate on a rack.
- Whisk together condensed milk and yolks in a bowl until combined well. Add juice and whisk until combined well (mixture will thicken slightly).
- Pour filling into crust and bake in middle of oven 15 minutes. Cool pie completely on rack (filling will set as it cools), then chill, covered, at least 8 hours.
- Just before serving, slice key limes and beat cream in a bowl with an electric mixer until it just holds stiff peaks. Serve pie topped with limes and cream.