French Toast Soufflé Recipe
Preparation Time: 1 hours // let sit overnight|
- 10 cups bread cubes (challah, or white bread) or slices
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 8 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2/3 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- fruits (optional)
- confectioner's sugar (optional)
- Place bread in a lightly greased baking pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well.
- Stir in milk, half and half, maple syrup, vanilla, brown sugar.
- Pour mixture over bread, cover, let sit overnight.
- The following morning, remove the souffle from the refrigerator, let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 375F.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm, sprinkle each serving with confectioner sugar and fruits.